GCSE Chemistry Notes: Questions on the reactivity series of metals
Doc Brown's GCSE/IGCSE Science-Chemistry Revision Questions
Chemistry worksheet on the Reactivity Series of Metals
Reactions with oxygen/air, water, acids and displacement and corrosion chemistry questions
Some formulae to help: aluminium oxide Al2O3 , copper(II) oxide CuO , copper(II) carbonate CuCO3
iron(III) oxide Fe2O3 , iron(II) sulfate FeSO4 , hydrogen H2
sulfuric acid H2SO4 , sodium hydroxide NaOH , magnesium hydroxide Mg(OH)2
1. (a) Describe everything you see when sodium is added to water containing universal indicator.
Describe the test and result for the gas produced in the
reaction between calcium and cold water. (b) give the symbol equation for
magnesium reacting with cold water.
3. (a) Describe what happens when magnesium is heated strongly in oxygen and give
equation. (b) when strongly heated in air, copper forms a black solid.
What is the solid?
3. (a) Describe what happens when magnesium is heated strongly in oxygen and give equation.
(b) when strongly heated in air, copper forms a black solid. What is the solid?
4. What happens when the product of burning sodium is added to water containing universal indicator and named the product formed in water.
5. (a) Give three observations that could be made when magnesium reacts with sulphuric acid.
6. (a) What substances must be in contact with iron before it will rust?
7. (a) Give three observations that could be made after adding zinc to copper(II) sulphate solution.
8. Copper(II) carbonate is heated with carbon powder. (i) The green carbonate powder changes to a black powder at first, and (ii) after further strong heating, reddish-brown bits of a metal are formed.
9. A mixture of aluminium powder and iron(III) oxide is made and a magnesium strip placed in it.
10. balance and complete the following equations
(Some formulae to help: Al2O3 , CuO , CuCO3 , Fe2O3 , FeSO4 , H2 , H2SO4 , NaOH , Mg(OH)2)
Revision KS4 Science GCSE/IGCSE/O level Chemistry Information Study Notes for revising for AQA GCSE Science, Edexcel GCSE Science/IGCSE Chemistry & OCR 21stC Science, OCR Gateway Science WJEC gcse science chemistry CCEA/CEA gcse science chemistry O Level Chemistry (revise courses equal to US grade 8, grade 9 grade 10) for revising science chemistry courses revision guides
Doc Brown's Chemistry
Enter chemistry words e.g. topic, module, exam board, formula, compound, reaction, structure, concept, equation, 'phrase', homework question! anything of chemical interest!
TOP OF PAGE