54. Coastal Walk north from Boulmer towards Howick
The walk forms part of St Oswald's Way
Scenes from Northumbria - Northumberland * North East Index
* Looking north from the car park at Boulmer
* Just a few boats in Boulmer Haven, a shallow natural harbour with a good beach to walk, play and relax on.
* The shallow rocks enclosing Boulmer Haven
* BK 64 Northern Pride and Kindred
* The Fishing Boat Inn, Boulmer
* The coast just north of Boulmer - the shallow rocks of Boulmer Steel
* The coast just north of Boulmer - eroded sandstone in evidence
* View of the distant Dunstanburgh Castle from Longhoughton Steel
* Howdiemont Sands
* Sugar Sands - a very pleasant picnic spot!
* Looking across Sugar Sands towards Dunstanburgh Castle
* The footbridge near the low rocks of iron scars and some of the woodland of the Howick Hall Estate which just reaches the coast at one point near the footbridge.
* lots of lovely yellow gorse
* The footpath signs for St. Oswald's Way and the Northumberland Coast Path
* Sea Houses in the distant right
* The lone house right on the coastal path near Sea Houses
* Looking north up the coast to Dunstanburgh Castle
We then walked back to Boulmer car park and a convenient toilet!
North East England docspics photos images pictures photographs © Phil Brown * touring holidays in Northumbria-Northumberland, tourism information, top tourist attractions, accommodation, luxury hotels, B&B, self-catering holiday cottages, YHA Youth Hostels, property, friendly pubs, great walking, eating/dining out restaurants cafes pubs bars inns, historic towns & cities, churches, castles, abbeys, museums, art galleries, local transport, interesting buildings properties, weekend deals, bargain city-breaks, St Oswald's Way coastal walking in Northumberland Coast Path Northumbria